Nothing Says Mushy Like a Red Cake
Wondering what special to make for your bae this Valentine’s? Check out this easy red velvet cake recipe and surprise your partner with a yummy cake to savour this V- Day.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 oz red food color
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups milk
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups softened butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
• In a bowl, beat all the cake ingredients with an electric mixer at a low speed for two minutes and then on a medium speed for two minutes.
• Heat the oven to 350o F, grease the bottom and sides of the container, and pour the cake batter into it. Bake it for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and then let it cool for an hour.
• In a saucepan, mix ½ cup flour and 1 ½ cups milk and whisk it until it forms a smooth mixture. Cook over medium heat until mixture turns thick, stirring constantly. Cool the mixture for 10 minutes.
• In another bowl, beat 1 ½ cups sugar and butter with an electric mixer on a medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture using a tablespoon and beat on a high speed until it becomes smooth and then add vanilla.
• Now use this mixture to frost the cake.
Don’t assume we’ll just give you calorie laden recipes and walk away. Once you’re done hogging, it’s time for jogging. You’ll need a lovely pair of shoes to motivate you.
That’s what we do best!
Visit our store and help yourself.
SHARE THIS POST