Follow These Guidelines and Say Goodbye to Pain
It is a proven fact that women are more susceptible to foot problems than men are. More women than men develop bunions calluses, corns, hammertoes and ingrown toenails. The main reason is the shoes they wear: narrow, pointed, high in the heel, often flimsy, and designed for appearance rather than fit.
Don’t wait for a foot problem to get out of hand. Prevention is always better than cure.
The major reason for shoe-bite is poor fitting. Most women end up buying a size that is a bit too small for them. Feet often grow in size over the years with age and wear.
Measure your feet periodically instead of sticking to one size throughout your life.
When you buy a new pair of shoes, do the following to prevent shoe-bite:
- Apply a little petroleum jelly inside your shoe. Leave it on overnight. Clean it off with a cloth and then wear your shoes.
- Apply coconut oil inside your shoes for three consecutive nights to soften them before wearing. You could apply castor oil too.
- Apply some raw potato slices inside the shoe and particularly the heel area. Repeat for two nights before wearing your new shoes.
For getting the best possible fit, use the following tips:
- Feet swell over the course of a day. Shop in the late afternoon or evening.
- Judge a prospective new pair of shoes by the way they feel, not by the size marked on the box. Both shoes should conform as closely as possible to the shape of your feet.
- One of your feet is likely to be larger than the other. Always try on both shoes and buy the size that feels comfortable on your larger foot.
- Make sure the ball of each foot fits into the widest part of the shoe.
- Wearing both shoes, walk around the store. Your heel shouldn’t feel pinched or slide out as you take a step.
- Don’t buy tight shoes and expect them to stretch.
Stick to these guidelines and you will greatly reduce your chances of painful shoe-bite.
In the mood for some online shoe-shopping? Feel like owning some super-amazing printed shoes that will be the envy of your friends?
Visit our store today and shop to your heart’s content.